23 Nisan 2014 Çarşamba

Simple Roast Chicken


For this weekend, I tried my simple whole chicken roast. I call it simple because it doesn't need too many ingredients and I make a very simple sauce to glaze my chicken. The whole point was to have a nice plate of comfort food: Succulent chicken falling off the bone with some couscous and roasted vegetables. I have to admit, I did a bit of cheating. Since it is the 'simple' chicken roast, it is also very easy and quick to make. In order to achieve this I used the oven bags. These bags are the best thing. Whenever I use them, the result is always wonderful and without any effort at all. The bag uses the oven and also the steam coming off from the meat/vegetables, at the same time spreads the sauce evenly. Baked potatoes in the baking bag is another of my favourite. But for now, I would like to start my recipe.

Ingredients:
1 whole chicken
1 big onion
5 cloves of garlic
A bunch of fresh thyme 
Salt, pepper, red peppercorns
Dried garlic and cloves for extra seasoning (optional)
2 table spoons of ketchup
2 teaspoons of honey
1 table spoon of vinegar
Olive oil
A baking bag big enough to put the chicken

How to:

1. We start with pouring some olive oil on the chicken that we put on our oven tray and season it well with salt and fresh ground pepper. 

2. We mix the other spices, red peppercorns, dried garlic, fresh thyme and anything else we might want to add in a bowl and then stuff them inside the chicken. This way, they will steam with the heat and leave their taste strongly.

3. In another bowl, mix the vinegar, ketchup and honey, then rub it onto the chicken and put your chicken inside the baking bag. 

4. Chop your onions and garlic, throw them in the bag with your chicken. Close the bag on one end and make 4-5 holes with a toothpick. Bake in the pre-heated oven of 200 degrees Celsius, for more than an hour, 70-80 minutes. You can adjust it according to your oven. 70 minutes in my oven made the chicken soft and juicy.

5. Once you are sure that the chicken is fully cooked, take it out of the oven to serve hot. Roast vegetables and couscous were our garnish.





Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder