12 Nisan 2014 Cumartesi

Quick Pizza On Village Bread


Pizza must be one of the best inventions. It's got dough, it's got flour, it's got all the carbohydrates that I need to take me through the day; it's got tomato, olive oil, thyme and cheese (which is the next best thing) and then you get to top it with your favourite meat or veggies. What is more lovable than to sit in front of the TV, take your plate full of pizza slices and dig in while watching your series? I really like making pizza at home. First of all, it gives me the freedom to use whichever ingredient I like, decide the number of spices I use or not use. Second of all, cooking is my hobby! This weekend I prepared this snack/lunch for my husband and me because I had this chicken at hand, lots of bits and pieces of vegetable in the fridge and I didn't want to waste these. I could have gone with a pizza dough from scratch as well but I didn't have that much time, plus this delicious, filling brown village bread loaf was sitting there. This pizza recipe is something you can prepare and make, or you can get inspired from and easily adopt it to your own taste. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
Two slices of village bread (per person)
Tomato paste
Grilled and sliced chicken breast
2 onions
2 red peppers
5-6 mushrooms
Cheddar or any type of melting salty cheese 
Olive oil
Plenty of thyme or oregano

How to: 
1. First, we start with spreading generous amount of tomato paste onto the bread slices; then we pour some olive oil and dried thyme or oregano and salt and pepper for seasoning.
2. After this, all we need to do is chop the other ingredients. The onions can be sliced into rings, peppers small pieces, mushrooms vertically and then we put handfuls of vegetables on the bread.  Because this is going to be a filling mini pizza, we should be generous. After the vegetables, we top everything up with pre-cooked (boiled or grilled) chicken breast slices.
3. Before it goes into the oven, cover each slice with grated cheddar cheese (or any type of cheese that melts). Instead of bothering to grate the cheese, you can cut half a centimeter thick slices and put them side by side, it should cover everything. In this way, when the cheese melts it is not so crispy, it is juicy and succulent and more abundant. At the same time, it takes a bit longer for the cheese to melt completely, and this gives the other vegetables more time to cook. If you're going to be really lazy and use ready sliced cheese, please use double layers!
4. Now our mini pizzas can go into the oven, at maximum heat, for 12-15 minutes. By this time, I recommend to make a quick and fresh salad with green herbs such as rocket or lettuce. Serve when hot and sizzling; be careful not to bite your fingers! Now that is what I call a perfect lunch treat. :) Bon apetite.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder