18 Nisan 2014 Cuma

Leek Fritters


A very practical recipe for your dinners and summer night parties. You can never go wrong with fritters, everybody loves them. Easy to make, fun to serve and delicious. The most common known fritters here is Courgette Fritters, which is called Kolokitihokeftedes in Greek. Both Greek and Turkish cuisines have this wonderful food. It was my favourite as a kid and I remember feeling very happy whenever I saw my mother frying them. You can also make fritters with potatoes, but I'm more into vegetables, so my recipe includes a different type of green vegetable. Since my Leek Sponge has been tried and likes by many, I wanted to continue with this dish. This recipe makes 10-12 fritters depending on the size. Eat and enjoy, them make some more -because it is so good!

Ingredients:
2 leeks
2 cloves of garlic
1 cup of corn flour
1 egg
2 - 3 table spoons of yoghurt  
Salt, pepper, dried mint to season
Olive oil
Fine bread crumbs

How to:
1. Finely chop your leeks. Put in all of the ingredients (ezcept bread crumbs) and mix thoroughly. 
2. Put the bread crumbs on salightly deep plate. Take a spoonful of the mixture and cover with bread crumbs, give a flat round shape and fry in olive oil. Leave on a paper towel to get rid of the excess oil, then put into a serving dish. Sprinkle some feta cheese on top. (Alternatively, you can mix some feta cheese inside the mixture as well.) Serve when hot. That's it. Bon apetit!




Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder